The first of every month always makes me want to step back and create small goals for myself. For some reason though I never really do. I never end up taking the time to write down what I want to accomplish in the month and figure out how to get there. Today marks the 1st of December. Our last month of the year and I want to make this one count. New years resolutions are made every year and tend to fall wayside as the year goes on. To make small monthly goals keeps your eye on the prize and you are consistently focused on the smaller aspects that will in turn bring you to your ultimate destination.
It was about this time last year that I had really wanted to start a blog. I wanted somewhere that I could write down my journey and hold myself accountable for how I live my life. I ended up finding much more. Friendships, passions, and new ideas were brought together by my blog and I couldn’t be happier. It has helped me figure out who I am, who I want to be, how I want to live.
Here’s a few of my December goals:
- More yoga – In only a month and a half I’ll be going to Costa Rica for 6 days where we’ll be doing yoga twice daily. I need to prepare my body for what’s to come so more frequent yoga classes are in my future.
- Figgy Pudding 5k– Last year my friend Lauren and I ran this local winter race. It was so much fun, so this year we plan on running it again but with a much bigger group of us.
- Foods that make me happy – I want to eat foods that make me feel good and keep me healthy. What we put in our mouths has a direct line to how we feel. I know what upsets my stomach, and I need to listen to my body more.
- Cherish time with loved ones -Life is too short. Make sure the moments count.
- Appreciate what I have – so many times I wish for more when I need to appreciate what I have at this moment. ” Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; Remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for” -Epicurus
- Reconnect with old friends – there are those friend’s who you just lose touch with. I recently reconnected with one of my best friend’s from high school that I lost touch with during college. It makes you realize that you could have put in more effort. Now is that time.
- Give back – it’s the season of giving and I want to give what I can to help those in need. Project Feed Me is exactly that 🙂
What are some of your goals for December?