I was tagged in 25 Random Things about Me by the lovely TorontoGirlOutWest 🙂 This is the first time i’ve ever written one of these, it was hard to think of that many facts! but i came up with some for ya! Hope you enjoy learning a little more about moi.
- I was born in Okinawa, Japan. Even more random than that…. 2 other people from my high school were born on the same Air Force base there and my high school calc teacher taught there during the time I was there.
- I’m half Chinese. My moms is chinese and dad is caucasian. When I was little I spoke it fluently, and now I wish I knew how to speak it.
- My dad was in the Air Force so we moved around a lot. I’ve lived in Japan, Texas, England, then finally to Maryland.
- When I was little I hated sweets. I didn’t like chocolate, cupcakes, cake, anything. On my birthday I would always get a cake for my party, but would never eat any of it. I would always ask for zucchini bread in the shape of a cake, no frosting. haha. The only candy i liked was fruit roll ups and gushers. What a weird kid, oh how things have changed 😉
- When I lived in England, and I was in Elementary School we had a woodworking class. One day in class a metal clamp fell right on my head and had to have a huge patch on my head all day.
- I have kept all my best friends since I moved here from England. I have had the best friends a girl could ask for, and even though we all split up and went to college’s in different states, we are still all so close.
- My uncle had always promised us a dog. Finally one time when he visited, him, my sister, my mom and I snuck off to Virginia without my dad knowing and bought Hershey. He was mad at the time, but he instantly fell in love.
- I’ve participated in Race for the Cure every year since 7th grade.
- My mom had a crazy friend who would read our palm and tell you your fortune. When I was 12 she read mine and told me I was only going to marry once, have 1 girl and 1 boy. Then she told me that my lifeline isn’t very long so I need to be really careful at all times. Way to scare me to death.
- When we were little my sister and I would have little arguments all the time. We had Simpson dolls. I had Lisa and she had Maggie (they had hard rubber heads and soft bodies, does anyone know what i’m talking about?) well one day we were arguing and she bopped me in the head with Maggie’s spikey hard rubber head. I got a huge knot in my forehead and remember getting an ince cream sundae, but she couldn’t have one. haha. love ya allison! xoxo
- I used to be able to turn my British accent on and off like a light switch
- I’m scared of water. I was the only one in my elementary school to fail the swim test. I won’t go in water where I can’t touch my feet on the bottom.
- I played field hockey in college for Salisbury University and won 2 National Championship during my 4 years. Being on the team was the best part of college for me, my teammates were like my sisters.
- I have held so many different jobs in high school and in college. I always wanted to learn something new. I was a Barista girl, hostess, waitress, shampoo girl, receptionist, assistant at drs office, sales associate, and summer camp counselor
- I played the piano starting at age 6. When I was 12 I was able to teach myself my favorite Mozart song. I could learn by ear. I didn’t continue playing when I moved to Maryland because we couldn’t find a good teacher, and stopping playing is always one of my biggest regrets
- I was given a Chinese nickname when I was born. It is Tian Tian, and means sweet sweet.
- I am a speed demon typer. When i was little my dad would always have me play the computer game typing tutor. In my high school computer class we had our speed tested and I could type 86 words per minute.
- In high school my sophomore year I was on the varisty field hockey team and it was my first playoff game. A girl on the other team ran into me with the top of her head and I broke my face. The doctor said if she had hit me an high higher my eyeball could have fallen out of its socket. ewwwwwww
- Senior year of college my boyfriend and I adopted a puppy from the humane society. She is the sweetest pup and if i ever get another dog it will be from the shelter.
- My grandma once bribed me to eat asparagus by buying me a toy. Funny how our tastebuds change.
- All 4 years in high school I worked at at a coffee shop on and off but never once had a cup of coffee there or an espresso drink. Not until my fresh year of college finals did I find out about the wonders of coffee and it saved me many many nights of studying. Now I pretty much only drink tea.
- Every year before field hockey tryouts we had prelims and would come in for a day to do running and lifting tests. Doing at least 1 pullup was always one of the tests. Through all 4 years, its sad to say… I was never able to do 1. Luckily i wasn’t the only one lol
- In high school I was in 3 singing groups. Choir, Ladyes Fair (all female group) and Beautyshop (group of 6 girls, we’d sing and dance) i loved every second it.
- At 5’5 i’m the shorted one in my family. My sister is 5’8, my mom is 5’6, and my dad is 6’2. My chinese uncles are 6’4 and 6’5.
- Never would I have thuoght that I would have my own blog. This has been a great outlet and I have been able to “meet” some amazing people. This has been a great journey and i’m so glad to be able to have this community in my life.
Ooh now I tag…
I’m also leaving you guys with some new pics of my cousins baby! haha they are too cuteeee and i HAD to share. In one of them she looks like a little buddah, and another one like dr evil lol.