I made it through CFW! I am completely surprised with how it went. As I was reading the other bloggers who were doing a CFW I would think ” oh i’d love to do one of those, i just don’t think i could make it” and then i finally decided it was time to suck it up and see how far i could push myself mentally.
Here’s my thoughts on my CFW:
- This week was much much easier than i had anticipated. It turns out I have more willpower than I thought 🙂
- Dairy has always upset my stomach, and I was told in middle school by my doctor that I was lactose intolerant. I just couldn’t justify giving up cheese, milk, ice cream and all the other dairy goodness no matter how bad it made me feel. Going dairy free this week really made a difference and I am goign to keep my dairy intake to a minimum now. There are so many alernatives out there that I shuold be learning more about those than being stubborn about my “love” for dairy.
- I was able to learn new recipes! I took advantage of the veggies I bought and found some great recipes that tasted great. I also just ordered Veganomicon and Vegan with a Vengance yesterday from Amazon and can’t wait to try out more great recipes. I have been dying for these cook books and can not WAIT until i get them in. I only had a small number of meals that had meat this week and I really liked how eating a mostly vegetarian diet made me feel.
- I missed my beloved bars during this week but I liked the fact that i was able to find other sources for snacks. I thought I was goign to be completly lost without my bars but turns out nuts were an amazing snack that held me over for hours, and without this week I would never have tried that.
- This entire past week I felt so refreshed. It’s such a simple formula but so hard to follow for some reason, but eating well and getting exercise makes all the difference. I was never too full, or too hungry the entire week and felt like I was in such a good place
- I didn’t have a single cup of coffee. I had been used to drinking a cup a day and I really wanted to try and only drink tea. This was great and I didn’t have to rely on my daily cup to wake me up. The good food and energy I had from yoga and exercising was enough to keep me awake!
- I was surprised I was able to make it the whole week without desert. This made me feel so much better about my sugar intake knowing that I could actually eat just fruit for desert and feel completely satisfied. I’m definitely looking forward to adding chocolate back into my life, but this time i’ll be able to make it a treat instead of a nightly occurance
TaDa! theres my thoughts, if you are feeling like you’re in a food rut, and need a little pep in your step, i HIGHLY suggest doing a CFW of your own with your own modifications and see how it makes you feel. This week was a great week and i’m definitely looking forward to incorporating it into my daily life now 🙂