Woo, today was a long day, but a fun one. I woke up this morning a 5:45 and headed on downstairs to make my oats! I knew i’d be needing a lot of energy today during the tournament so I went for the heart healthy bowl of 3/4 cups of oats. it was hard to finish! but it really helped keep me full and energized.
I brought an apple, 2 clementines, and a blueberry cliff bar to help last me through the day. The tournament was so much fun, it was great getting out there and playing against my friends. We played six 22 minute games , and by the end of the day I could really feel it. I’m thinking Tuesday is going to be the day when my body officially is the sorest. A few of us decided to get lunch at Panera. I of course went with the you pick two option, but went with two things i had never tried before. I got the Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich, and the black bean soup! both were delicious and i have a feeling these will be my regular purchases whenever i eat here again. The sandwich was exactly what i was craving and the tomato basil bread was so soft and fresh.
I came home absolutely exhausted and grabbed a chobani right away. Dinner was some more turkey chili and this time i paired it with some kashi crackers. I was really in the mood for another no pudge brownie so i popped one serving in the microwave and topped it with the last bit of my mighty maple pb *sigh* I bought some new tea today! It’s Numi Rooibos tea. I am in love with Rooibos. It has a strong vanilla flavor and is naturally caffeine free. If you’ve never tried it, i highly suggest it! it’s amazing and i drink it with absolutely nothing added. I never add sugar or milk to my tea, but this one is naturally sweet. delish.
The great thing about my 11 week yoga 1 session is how flexible they are with their makeup classes. if you miss a class for any reason you can make it up at any other yoga 1 class. I am going to New York this coming up weekend to see the boy 🙂 and so i’m going to miss my saturday 8 am class. The same instructor teaches the yoga 1 class on Monday nights too, so i’m making it up this Monday which means that yoga comes so much sooner! I’m also pretty excited for my body pump class. I missed it last week and i’m ready to get my muscles working again.
I’m going to leave you with a page from the latest body and soul magazine. I really liked it and thought i’d share it with all of you 🙂
Ten Toughts on Whole Living
1. Treat your dreams as you would a garden: Give them room to grow
2. Counter a dark mood with a dose of sunshine. Get outside and walk
3. Invite, don’t force, healthy movement by taking on the right kind of physical challenge
4. To see real results, sometimes you need to set the bar a little higher
5. You already have all the motivation you need. You just have to learn how to tap it
6. Change doesn’t happen overnight. It starts small and gains momentum
7. Don’t overthink. Let passion override your fear
8. Indulgence isn’t a sign of failure; it’s an occasional opportunity to experience pure pleasure
9. Rather than try to eliminate stress, find your flow within it
10. Consider your resolution a first step toward the life you really want
Hope your Sunday was relaxing 🙂 Monday sure is coming fast